Brushing Tips for a Beautiful Smile
At Lusk Family Dentistry, we want you to have a beautiful, healthy smile. Knowing how to properly brush your teeth is a huge part of making that happen.
Here are some brushing tips to help:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Use a fluoride-enriched toothpaste
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes, both morning and night
- Angle your toothbrush toward your gums and use short, gentle strokes
- Pay special attention to the hard to reach teeth in the back, and areas around fillings, crowns, and bridges
- Clean each section of your teeth including the outer surfaces, inner surfaces and chewing surfaces
- Brush your tongue for cleaner, fresher breath
For many, a powered toothbrush is a good alternative. It can do a better job of cleaning teeth, particularly for those who have difficulty brushing or who have limited manual dexterity. There are many different options for purchasing a power toothbrush, so be sure to do your research to determine the right purchase for you.
You should replace your toothbrush when it begins to show wear, or every three months, whichever comes first. It is also very important to change toothbrushes after you've had a cold, or sickness since the bristles can collect germs that can lead to a recurring infection.
By following these following these simple steps you can help to keep your teeth healthy and strong and reduce the amount of time and money you spend in the dental office. Call our office with any questions or if you need to make an appointment! 505-325-8401