Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At Lusk Family Dentistry, we never underestimate the importance of patient education. Not only do we care about the health of our patients, but we know that good oral care is essential for a person’s overall health.
Some of our most common questions are answered below. If you have any other questions, or if you have questions about your specific treatment or oral health in general, please don’t hesitate to ask! We want to help you make informed decisions about the oral health of you and your family.
- Are dental implants the right tooth replacement for me?
- Will my dental implants look natural?
- Will Other People Know I Have Porcelain Veneers?
- Will my dental crown look like my other teeth?
- Why would I need a root canal?
- I want to change my smile, what are my options?
- My tooth filling is discolored, can I change it?
- Why are my teeth wearing away so much?
- How long will my dentures last?
- Will my insurance cover this?
- Why do I have to have x-rays at my dental appointment?
- Why does my jaw hurt?
- Why don't my dentures fit anymore?
- What is a root canal?
- Why are my gums bleeding when I brush my teeth?
- Do I still need to visit the dentist if I have dentures?
- What are dental sealants?
- What is plaque and why is it bad?
- What will happen at my dental appointment?
- Do I have to floss if I brush twice a day?
- What are my options for replacing a missing tooth?
- Why do I have bad breath?
- How often should I go to the dentist?
- Why are my teeth chipping and breaking?
- What is periodontal (gum) disease?
- Are diabetes and dental health related?
- Why do I need a filling if my tooth doesn't hurt?