How long will my dentures last?
Dentures will, eventually, need to be replaced, but with the proper care, they can last 5-8 years. Over this time, dentures get worn out due to regular use, and your gums may change shape or shrink over the years. Sometimes, dentures can be relined or refitted and their life extended. To make sure your denture lasts as long as possible, you should:
- Have an exam each year to check your bone and gums, bite, and the denture.
- Don't ever adjust your denture yourself.
- Be careful not to drop your dentures especially in the sink. The hard porcelain of the sink can chip or break your dentures.
- Clean your dentures following our recommendations. Using harsh chemicals or abrasives will shorten the life of your dentures.
- Keep your dentures away from pets. Dogs, especially, love to use dentures as chew toys.
Click on the link to read more about our full and partial dentures here at Lusk Family Dentistry.